Monday, July 25, 2011

1999 Mazda Protege

It's official: I HAVE A CAR!!! 

After a month of stalking Craigslist and Autotrader, I can finally say that I am a mobile human being no longer reliant on parents and public transportation to get places.  What an exciting statement.  :)  My summer of car shopping is finally coming to an end.  I can't say I'll miss filtering through all the shit-tastic automobiles on Craigslist, or calling the sketchy-sounding car owners to set up appointments.  The funny thing about it is that we ended up buying a car from a Turkish couple.  The ancestors would be rolling over in their graves.  Hahaha.  The couple was really nice though.  So hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a lemon.  (Knock on wood)


I'm just happy to have wheels now.  It's so great to know that I don't have to worry about that anymore.  In reality though, it was a good experience going through what I did, because I think it was a life lesson.  I know a little more about cars (granted "a little more" from nothing is still very little), and I appreciate more the fact that I have a car because I know how hard it is to not be able to get around.  And as much as the accident sucked, and paying that hefty lump of money for my ticket sucked even more, I feel like it was a necessary reality check on driving and life in general.  I was really lucky blessed to come out of that mess with no scratch on my body, and I need to remember that every day, and especially every time I get behind the wheel.

I still have yet to finish my online course (or even finish a lesson since a week ago when I got home from camp), but I HAVE A CAR NOW!!!  We can now cross a big task off the to-do-list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment